[armedslack] loadlin woes

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Tue Aug 5 11:55:01 UTC 2008

> Everything seems to work as described, except the critical loadlin bootup step
> :-|

Tbh what I'd do is ask Peter Naulls directly.
The version of Linloader I included with armedslack-11.0 was
a slightly different version that worked for machines than had
1GB of RAM (although Linux only found 512).  That *may* be
the problem.  I do not think that Peter was or is much of
an upstream pusher, so his changes probably remained on his hard disk.

> any help is much appreciated.. I'm going to try hunting down Timothy Baldwin's
> email address, as he may be able to interpret the above

Tim is the author of the GRUB port to ARM which superceded
Linloader.  Last time I conversed with Tim (2 years ago) he did
not have a Iyonix.  Things may have changed though!