[armedslack] kernel patches

Jim Hawkins jawkins at armedslack.org
Tue Aug 28 21:30:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Alan Hourihane wrote:

> I'm pretty sure this is a bug in X.

I was debating myself whether this was a bug in X or not. I just threw
that patch together to check it was the cause of X not starting. And to
stop Stuart hassling me about fixing it :)

> The test has since been modified to handle xres_virtual >=, and I think
> yres_virtual should be the same. Or we should remove the test for
> xres_virtual/yres_virtual.

I'd agree with that.

> I'm just querying that with another developer now, and should be able to
> make the change to X tomorrow.

Cool.

> But looking at acornfb.c some more, shows that it's a little old.
> Relying on the older ACCELF_TEXT flag whereas the new fbdev API removes
> that. I'm looking at this now.

I noticed this as well. My suspicions were piqued by "#define
STUPID_ACCELF_TEXT_SHIT" in fb.h ;)

Jim