[ARMedslack] Skype on ARM linux

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 21 05:39:25 UTC 2013

Yesterday I did a bit of research and found a few more options:
kopete (does not properly support socks proxy so I cannot use it @ work but appart from that looks quite promising and is already packaged in Slackware),
pidgin (needs gnome to have the video/audio stuff work properly, I'm not going to evade all the gnome dependencies any time soon),
ekiga (I remember having to work quite hard to get some sort of basic functionality on x86 slackware last time I tried it as soft phone @ work, I'll do without that)

I've still to try
amsn

linphone (I remember having to exclude this as s soft phone option @ work and hadto go with ekiga, but I can't recall why)