[ARMedslack] Kernel for Allwinner A1X

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Mon Sep 16 15:25:41 UTC 2013

> It appears that the usb driver in the linux-sunxi kernel is bust (at
> least on A1X based devices) and I don't think that there is any chance
> of them fixing it any time soon. I even downloaded the 3.0 stable
> version sources hoping that at least their stable version (as opposed to
> the 3.4 developement kernel) still had working usb correctly, but it had
> the exact same issues as the 3.4 linux-sunxi kernel (ie only some usb
> devices work properly while some that work correctly on the stock
> android kernel just don't work with their kernel).
>
> Anyone tried using vanilla kernels on Allwinner SOC based systems ?
> Anyone know what's going to work and what's not going to work if I try
> compiling a kernel from kernel.org ? touch screen is not important
> because that's not working well enough to be functional anyway.

I don't have any Allwiner machines, but I did add some Allwinner SoC
configs into the Linux 3.10 kernels.  If there are any patches, I could
apply them to Linux 3.10.  I think we'll be using Linux 3.10 for the
Slackware 14.1 release.  I did try Linux 3.11 but it was quite broken.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: http://arm.slackware.com