[ARMedslack] Thinking of decomissioning this mailing list in favour of a sub forum on LinuxQuestions.org

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Nov 21 21:46:00 UTC 2013

> I can't agree with your personal opinion on forums, Stuart, sorry. :P

I'm still not a fan of forums but the great thing about them in this
instance is that the rest of the Slackware discussions are going on, so
I'd rather link the ARM port to the rest of it rather than having it as
an outlier.

> However, I do agree that a LQ sub-forum would be a great idea in order to
> further raise the profile and individualise Slackware ARM, if for no other
> reasons than  to make for easier viewing and referral for people like me.
> It's also easier to get involved and post/reply specifically. :)
>
> I'm an avid Slackware acolyte with a strong interest in promoting it on the
> RPi. The Raspberry Pi Foundation seems to have little or no interest in
> supporting Slackware ARM (or even recognising that it exists) which seems
> counter-productive towards their goal of bringing the 'real' fundamentals of
> computing back to the masses.

I don't know why that is - whether it's because it's a soft float port or
because the people behind the RPi favour Ubuntu or whatever.
Whatever the reason, there are a lot of RPi owners running Slackware on it
due to a combination of the community that built itself around that
device.