[ARMedslack] Thinking of decomissioning this mailing list in favour of a sub forum on LinuxQuestions.org

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Nov 21 15:53:20 UTC 2013

The LQ forum has the tick box option at the bottom (which is on by
default, IIRC) so that you receive email responses when the thread is
updated.

The mailing list is searchable by google, yes and some list aggregators
also have subscribed to the list, so you can view the list within a UI.

The other good point of the forum is that the user can join (if they are a
Slackware user, the chances are that they'll already have an account) and
reply to a thread that was previously created, where as with the mailing
list this isn't the case unless they go to a lot of effort to import
an mbox into their MUA of choice.
I've almost convinced myself about this, apart from I am now reminded of
how annoing it is to trim forum posts and include textual/code/console
output within forum tags. hmm.