[ARMedslack] Creating a rootfs from a x86 host: unknown machine 40

openpandora at free.fr openpandora at free.fr
Sun Nov 17 02:04:15 UTC 2013

Thanks !
I appreciate.

----- Mail original -----
De: "Stuart Winter" <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk>
À: "Slackware ARM port" <armedslack at lists.armedslack.org>
Envoyé: Dimanche 17 Novembre 2013 00:00:26
Objet: Re: [ARMedslack] Creating a rootfs from a x86 host: unknown machine 40

> "'These are _not_ just warnings; ldconfig ignores the library content, so
> "output/target/etc/ld.so.cache" is left unpopulated, meaning that the
> target device will not boot successfully due to missing libraries (the
> libraries are on the file-system, just the ld.so.cache does not list them).'"

He's right - it's broken.  There's a patch that's in Gentoo and Red Hat,
but it doesn't fix this problem.

There's also this one which I haven't tried:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/255486/

You're going to have to either try the patch in the last URL and rebuild
glibc with it, or take the ldconfig from Slackware 14.0 -- works for me:

cd slackware64-14.0/slackware64/l
mkdir Q ; cd Q
tar xf ../glibc-2.15-x86_64-7.txz
cp sbin/ldconfig /sbin/ldconfig-2.15

Go into a dir of ARM shared objects:

prisere [p3] # readelf lib/ld-2.17.so -h|grep Machin
  Machine:                           ARM
prisere [p3] # uname -m
x86_64
prisere [p3] # /sbin/ldconfig-2.15 -r .
prisere [p3] # strings etc/ld.so.cache |head -n5
ld.so-1.7.0
glibc-ld.so.cache1.1G
libz.so.1
/lib/libz.so.1