[ARMedslack] Creating a rootfs from a x86 host: unknown machine 40

openpandora at free.fr openpandora at free.fr
Sat Nov 16 17:31:29 UTC 2013

Hi !

After my upgrade from x86_64 14.0 to 14.1, my pandora rootfs doesn't work anymore.
Can't find init.

My creation logs show this:

Executing install script for glibc-solibs-2.17-arm-14.tgz.
install/doinst.sh: line 38: sbin/ldconfig: cannot execute binary file
/sbin/ldconfig: ld-2.17.so is for unknown machine 40.

/sbin/ldconfig: No link created since soname could not be found for ld-2.17.so
/sbin/ldconfig: libBrokenLocale-2.17.so is for unknown machine 40.

/sbin/ldconfig: No link created since soname could not be found for libBrokenLocale-2.17.so
/sbin/ldconfig: libanl-2.17.so is for unknown machine 40.

...And a lot more

According to this guy: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/ldconfig-unknown-machine-40-td47588.html
"'These are _not_ just warnings; ldconfig ignores the library content, so
"output/target/etc/ld.so.cache" is left unpopulated, meaning that the
target device will not boot successfully due to missing libraries (the
libraries are on the file-system, just the ld.so.cache does not list them).'"

I would like to ask for your knowledge about this.