[ARMedslack] Slackware ARM on Raspberry Pi

Richard Lapointe richard.lapointe at gmail.com
Thu May 2 00:58:44 UTC 2013

On 04/30/2013 06:35 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM,  <dowelld at netscape.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The packages from Dave's Collective (Kernel 3.1.9) don't seem to support the
>> extra memory on the revised Raspberry Pi Model B board. I think this is
>> because the firmware package used is downlevel.
>>
>> So I've made some new firmware, kernel (3.6.11) and module packages. They
>> can be found here http://www.dowelld.net/?p=43.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dave

> Hello!
> Dave how did you get Slackware for ARM running on yours? I didn't have
> much luck originally with my setup and decided to put it aside.
I got my running by following these directions:
http://rpi.fatdog.eu/
Basically it get the Slackwarearm installer going.  I didn't bother with
downloading the Slackwarearm repo to a usb drive like it suggest in the
beginning.  I just got the installer going and used the ftp install method.

rich at rpi-17:~$ uname -a
Linux rpi-17 3.6.11+ #408 PREEMPT Wed Apr 10 20:33:39 BST 2013 armv6l
ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l) BCM2708 GNU/Linux

also see http://imageshack.us/a/img849/863/screenshot0316201309191.png

Rich Lapointe (laprjns)