[ARMedslack] Quick question

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sun Mar 31 19:16:32 UTC 2013

> The build order of Slackware is not deterministic - the distribution evolves upon itself.
> There is no sort of 'make world' type script.

I was just looking at the comments I put in the bootstrap script that I
wrote for Slackware ARM's x11 packages:
As you can see, it's not a simple affair.  Since Slackware x86 is built
on a full system (not a minimal chroot), this means that in order to get
your packages compatible with Slackware x86, you need to rebuild many of
the packages tens of times in order to link against the other packages.

http://ftp.arm.slackware.com/slackwarearm/slackwarearm-current/source/x/x11/bootstrap-build