[ARMedslack] Raspberry Pi support for Slackware ARM 14.1

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Tue Jun 11 20:59:45 UTC 2013

> > > stanleygarvey.com/slackwarearm_rpi/index.php and dropped the
> > > slackberry name, also I can report that slackware-current does not

OK great.
"Download SlackwareArm for Raspberry Pi®."

You're missing the capitalisation - ARM stands for "Advanced (or 'Acorn'
if you go back further) Risc Machines" (or at least it used to in the early 90s - it's probably too
cool for that now though ;-) ).

[..]
> > > As for issues with the Raspberry Pi, I don't see many, it has no
> > > real time clock, rc.S needs hacking to remove the annoying message,
> > > and inittab requires patching and that's about it.

What message? is it from hwclock?  Personally I just leave those kind of
messages in place  -it looks a bit ugly but at least it's a reminder that
there is no hardware clock.

What needs to be modified in inittab?
http://ftp.arm.slackware.com/slackwarearm/slackwarearm-current/source/a/sysvinit-scripts/sources/doinst.sh.openttyS0

Could the change be added into here?  The less changes you have to keep
adding in the better - especially when I'm already doing it for the
others!

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: http://arm.slackware.com