[ARMedslack] Raspberry Pi support for Slackware ARM 14.1

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sat Jun 8 07:12:08 UTC 2013

> > I got rid of the problem of eth0 -> eth1 udev renamingon the images I
> > create by using the slackware supported standard
> > /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown_local script to remove
> > the70-persistent-net.rules file whenever a shutdown is run. Iuse it
> > for a whole load of other stuff as well, but removing it on shutdown
> > makes theimages I create portable across boxes.

Check that you do not have udevd running twice.

 ps wwaxu --forest | grep udev

may show that there are multiple udevd running, but they should be
children of a single parent.

This was the cause of the renaming problem in an earlier builds of Slackware (prior to 14.0 release,
I think, or maybe even post 14.0) - udevd had been started independently
twice in the boot sequence.  This was fixed a long time ago so I'm
wondering whether the installer or some packages you have are old.