[ARMedslack] Current status of arm ports eabihf

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Mon Jul 29 14:37:43 UTC 2013

Sorry mixing html and standard ">" indentation on yahoo means a lot of manual editing.

Taking the ordinary slackware miniroot to one with compiler is really just a matter of installing some packages (in the d and l series ). I often do that on a live system just after having gotten networking and slackpkg working.

If you look at the build script you can add what ever packages you need and build your own custom miniroot. But be aware that slackpkg (and possibly some other packages) will setup things on the host detected architecture so even if you install packages to e different  root some configuration is done wrong , like for example slackpkg only having the x86 mirrors in the mirror list. Nothing you can't put right by hand but something you mignht want to know befor you start off.

ATB
David