[ARMedslack] Kernel 2.10 and raspberry pi

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Sat Jul 20 06:57:41 UTC 2013

> just been to kernel.org to see if the raspberry pi is supported. I see
> no support for the device in any kernel previous to 3.10.1 which
> includes support for the BCM2835. I find this odd. I would have thought
> that patches would have been submitted and merged in the the kernel
> tree. We still got super H Dreamcast code in there so why no Raspberry
> pi? Work is still being done on 3.6.11 at raspberry pi github. Work
> stopped last year on 3.2.27, so why are the patches not in kernel.org?
> I don't get this. I could post this to Raspberry pi, however my feeling
> is that I will not get a definitive answer. Perhaps I am
> misunderstanding how the process works. Please enlighten me.

Welcome to linux ARM kernel developement :-).
There are patches that have never made it to main kernel on almost all the ARM hardware I've worked on (not sure if the dockstar stuff made it all to main kernel but all the zauri, the AC100 and the whole Allwinner soc family are far from that ).

Regards
David