[ARMedslack] Kernel 2.10 and raspberry pi

stanley garvey stanley at stanleygarvey.com
Mon Jul 15 23:58:59 UTC 2013

Hi,
just been to kernel.org to see if the raspberry pi is supported. I see
no support for the device in any kernel previous to 3.10.1 which
includes support for the BCM2835. I find this odd. I would have thought
that patches would have been submitted and merged in the the kernel
tree. We still got super H Dreamcast code in there so why no Raspberry
pi? Work is still being done on 3.6.11 at raspberry pi github. Work
stopped last year on 3.2.27, so why are the patches not in kernel.org?
I don't get this. I could post this to Raspberry pi, however my feeling
is that I will not get a definitive answer. Perhaps I am
misunderstanding how the process works. Please enlighten me.