[ARMedslack] First boot on Raspberry PI for Slackware 14.0 for ARM

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:34:05 UTC 2013

Hello!
Okay group I just brought up the Slackware 14.0 for the Raspberry pi
image available on Stanley Garvey's site. Aside from one nit, the
device almost arbitrarily changed the eth0 setting to eth1 for reasons
it did not clearly explain.

Everything worked correctly from that one on.

However how do I go about changing from UK keyboard to something
resembling a US one?

In this case Stanley I borrowed my screen from a (what else?) system
running Slackware-13.37 and connected to it the HDMI cable via a
HDMI-DVI adapter that I bought today. Earlier I also bought an 8
Gigabyte card on sale from Staples and used an image writing tool from
that system to write things out. And then connected everything from
there.

It came up exactly as expected. Except for that one nit concerning the
Ethernet device swap. I once saw that happen on an Intel system I was
trying to revive and knew where to fix things. But here? No I don't.

I have the installer based image that David Spencer made up and with
that and the screen I'll probably create a more customized one.

The one strange thing is why would things swap names for the Ethernet one?

But otherwise it is all good.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com