[ARMedslack] BCM2835 what -march to use?

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:20:52 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:

>> I am currently recompiling slackwarearm for the BCM2835 SOC. I am using
>> -'march=native' this is fine for 'native builds' however if I want to
>> use a xcompiler this is no good. would '-march=armv6
>> -mtune=arm1176jzf-s' be ok? or am I missing something. I have googled
>> around for a while and have no definitive answers.What is the best
>> -march name for an arm1176-jzf-s CPU, could someone please explain the
>> suffixes. example `armv6', `armv6j', `armv6t2', `armv6z', `armv6zk',
>> `armv6-m'
>
> Well, this is the same CPU as the Raspberry, so check what everyone else's
> using for the RPI.
>
> --
> Stuart Winter
> Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org

Hello!
I quite agree folks.

For some embedded environments the kernel (or any programming) is
rarely built on the native platform. The builders, (you Stuart,
yourself Stanley, or myself) would use a properly setup cross
compiling environment.

The big problem is setting the appropriate switches.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com