[ARMedslack] BCM2835 what -march to use?

stanley garvey stanley at stanleygarvey.com
Sun Jan 13 21:31:15 UTC 2013

Hi
I am currently recompiling slackwarearm for the BCM2835 SOC. I am using
-'march=native' this is fine for 'native builds' however if I want to
use a xcompiler this is no good. would '-march=armv6
-mtune=arm1176jzf-s' be ok? or am I missing something. I have googled
around for a while and have no definitive answers.What is the best
-march name for an arm1176-jzf-s CPU, could someone please explain the
suffixes. example `armv6', `armv6j', `armv6t2', `armv6z', `armv6zk',
`armv6-m'
regards.
Stanley