[ARMedslack] Pandora contest, Slackware-based project submitted.

openpandora at free.fr openpandora at free.fr
Tue Feb 26 01:13:26 UTC 2013

Hi !

So i've submitted my SOLEIL project to the Open Pandora contest, and i'm
shamelessly trying to gather some votes from the Slackware ARM community ;^).

It's literally months of work as i've spend a lot of time porting Slackware ARM
13.37, then 14.0 to this device using a build system i wrote myself from
scratch.
Then i conceived another build system to "patch" my port with syslinux stuff
from live-CD's in order to make them boot over PXE with their original menus.
Plus the persistent PXE x86_32 and x86_64 Slackware.

Most of the SOLEIL build system is included in the release, so it's pretty
possible to patch a x86 comp to use it the same way.
As it's still a work in progress, i have many ideas to implement.

So if you want to know more about this project:
http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects/OS/SOLEIL

And the voting threads on the boards, i'm in application:
http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/forum/52-dragonbox-coding-competition/

Slackware FTW !