[ARMedslack] Install Slackware on a new Raspberry Pi

Andrei B. andrixnet at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 18:51:40 UTC 2013

My experience so far , as I also have the model B (512ram) is like this:

- raspbian or weezy works fine. Note that they were from october 2012, after the launch of the mode B.

Dave's image (so far) for slackware is dated august 2012.

Using Dave's image and start.elf from the raspbian image, I managed to start the installer (set for only 128MB ram) and do a complete installation, on my 16G image. However, I couldn't start the system after installation, with the installed kernel, following all of Dave's instructions.

I'm still researching with Stanley's site. I'll probably bring up my own site, to document these experiences.
I think is super cool that Slackware exists as full distro, just like the x86 version, for ARM.

I still have to try (tomorrow, maybe) Stanley's already installed images.