[ARMedslack] getting SATA working on seagate goflex net

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Tue Apr 23 07:17:33 UTC 2013

I came across that yesterday while trying to check if I had the right arcnumber ... it would be really handy to have a list of the devices and their correct archnumber  somewhere ;-)

I tried setting 3089 as archnumber but the slackware kernel no longer boots if I do that.
This can probably be fixed if I rebuild the kernel (not sure if patching is needed too) ... but since my work on ClashNG there are 2 new members in my family so if I can avoid time consuming stuff that would be really good.
Can I borrow a kernel from somewhere else that is known to work well if I use it on a slackware arm 14 userland (and has support for all features of the goflex net )?

Regards

David