[ARMedslack] Avatar S701-R2A-1 Sirius 7" Tablet

Ben Bauer ben at bauers.ca
Mon Apr 15 19:46:37 UTC 2013

http://www.comtronic.ca/cci/home.php?do=ShowProducts&cmd=detail&cid=NB&pid=017133

CPU	ARM Cortex-A9 1.0GHz Single Core
GPU	Mali-400, with 3D Accelerator
Memory	1GB DDR3
Storage	4GB NAND Flash
Display	7" TFT-LCD
I/O Ports	1 x Micro USB 2.0 Port
1 x Mini HDMI Port
1 x TF Card Slot
1 x Power Port

Does anyone have experience with this (or similar hardware)?
I am hoping to put Slackware native on this and move over some
python programs (currently prototyped on an Atom processor)
that I have written for classroom use ( audience response
system, multiple choice testing, flashcards etc).  I am a Slacker
since 1994 but ARM is new to me.  Naive questions:

1) any chance I can boot from CF card ?
2) if so, is a USB keyboard likely to autodetect?
3) would X be mulitouch or single?
4) is there a better/easier sub $100 device I should consider?