[ARMedslack] TI OMAP 3630, was: Omap video driver request.

Nigel Sollars nsollars at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 11:55:37 UTC 2013

In General that statement would be true, but ( and there is one ) you have
to be careful with the slight variants,  looking at the Ti site:

http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/omap-applications-processors/omap-3-processors-products.page?paramCriteria=no%3f

it seems they have dropped anything below 36xx, but I am sure there are
still alot of 3xxx hardware below that one being produced.

As far as the Linux kernel is concerned, they have really done an awesome
job of building the boilerplate generic base for all Arm Cortex SoC's to
which then you would add specific modules too that support your
manufacturer ( Nv, Ti Omap etc etc etc )...

I think to be honest the up and coming 3.9 kernel should probably be the
defecto choice if you have an Arm SoC, since there have been so many
changes and additions to the Arm tree.

Nige

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Ottavio Caruso <
ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 13 April 2013 09:51, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > And incidentally, I have a Samsung 4.2'' player with CPU OMAP 3630.
> > Does anybody know if it's fully supported (module and firmware-wise)
> > in the vanilla kernel?
>
> I'll rephrase my question: does the OMAP3 cover all OMAP3**** variants?
>

> --
> Ottavio

“Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition.”

Alan Turing