[ARMedslack] Failed to Boot ARMSlackware [13.37] in Beagle Board -xm - Rev C

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sun Oct 21 12:34:54 UTC 2012

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012, chekkizhar N wrote:

[..]
> 1. Created soft link, uImage, which points to uImage-kirkwood-2.6.38.4, in
> /etc/boot dir.
> 2. Edited the  console port number to ttyS2 from ttyS0 in /etc/fstab file

/etc/boot?  what is using /etc/boot ?
serial console in /etc/fstab? I assume you mean /etc/inittab

The 'kirkwood' kernels are for the Marvell Kirkwood systems such as the
Sheevaplug, not machines with a 'Cortex' CPU like the Beagleboard.
Slackware ARM does not provided kernels for the Cortex. In Linux 3.7
with the planned one kernel for all, once I've understood how it works
I'll include support for as many of the main architectures as I can.

For now, google 'armedslack beagleboard' and hopefully there'll be enough
there to get you going.