[ARMedslack] Slackware on the Samsung ARM Chromebook (was: Slackware on a Smartphone?)

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 17:46:23 UTC 2012

On 24 Nov, 14:26, Joe Rosevear <Joe_Rosev... at localhost.invalid> wrote:
> I read about the Samsung ARM Chromebook here:
>
> http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/review-samsungs-new-arm-chrome...
>
> I like that this machine is low cost.  How much work is it to put
> Slackwarearm on it?  I'd be interested (academically) to see a short
> overview of the steps needed.

You can view a work-in-progress here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uNAJr0MTySjqbZZV9JaMnj2qygR81mvh8xdWZEOuDuY/edit

It's a temporary doc, if and when I manage to have a full blown
graphical environment and the most relevant audio/video bits working
_and_ if enough people are interested, I could write a tutorial for a
wiki somewhere, maybe the new Slackware docs site. I welcome
suggestions.

--
Ottavio