[ARMedslack] Mounting installer initrd on Chrome OS: would it work

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 20:59:01 UTC 2012

On 21 November 2012 12:42, Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:
> Well, you could always create the symlink yourself and see if cpio happens
> to work?  If not, you could try using the cpio from armedslack-13.37.

It didn't work either

> don't have a 13.37 machine online at the moment so I can't check what the
> 'interpreter' is

As per this thread:
http://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-os-discuss/browse_thread/thread/6e0d1359146e207d#

Crome OS used hf, Armedslack uses sf.

End of story for me at the moment, as all I wanted was to check if it
was trivial to run the Slackware installer directly from Chrome OS.
Now I will go on with unpacking the miniroot onto a external
partition, chrooting into it and adding packages with slackpkg.

I have already generated a kernel partition on the flash drive, the
final step will be to check if the whole thing boots at all.

--
Ottavio