[ARMedslack] Mounting installer initrd on Chrome OS: would it work

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 22:00:04 UTC 2012

On 19 November 2012 13:55, Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:
>> Thanks, the problem is I don't have cpio on Chrome OS. I am working on
>
> What stops you from downloading the package and extracting the cpio
> binary?

If you mean unpacking the package onto Chrome OS, it doesn't seem to work.

As the root filesystem is marked as noxec I have remounted /tmp as exec:

# mount -o remount,exec /tmp
# mkdir /tmp/slackwarearm
# cd /tmp/slackwarearm/

unpacked the cpio archive:

# tar xvfz /home/chronos/user/Downloads/cpio-2.11-arm-2.tgz

# ls -al /tmp/bin/cpio
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 158660 Aug 31 09:20 /tmp/bin/cpio

# /tmp/bin/cpio
bash: /tmp/bin/cpio: No such file or directory

# ldd /tmp/slackwarearm/bin/cpio
/usr/bin/ldd: line 117: /tmp/slackwarearm/bin/cpio: No such file or directory

--
Ottavio