[ARMedslack] New Samsung Chromebook

Ottavio Caruso pr0f3ss0r1492 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 19:05:25 UTC 2012

On 30 October 2012 14:08, Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:

> I'm going to wait a month or so to see how people get on with them and
> whether there is support for it in the kernel.org kernel, as I don't use
> other people's kernels.

So I have finally bought it and at the moment I am going to play with
it in its default mode (just browsing the web with Chrome, that is).

In the future I'll be switching to dev mode and try to load the
Slackware minimal rootfs in a chroot and see what happens. I don't
think any of the modules or the firmware will be open-sourced, but who
knows?

I understand Chrome devices cannot (legally) boot any kernels that are
not signed by Google so at the moment any attempt to run Slackware
will be a cheap hack.

Typing: chrome://system I get a lot of low level info (remember
there's no full shell in standard mode. If anybody is interested I can
copy the content of dmesg or the xorg log on pastebin and link to it
from here. Let me know.

I would then create a separate thread if I manage to get to something useful.