[ARMedslack] libflashplayer

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Thu Jun 28 08:01:41 UTC 2012

>> I tryed this: http://kotelett.no/ac100/phh/Android2.2/libflashplayer.so
>> but I was unable to get it to work.

>Did you see why it broke?

>LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
>/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so [libGLESv2.so: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory]

>root at pepa:~# ldd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so | fgrep not
>        libGLESv2.so => not found

>Finding/compiling that module
 doesn't guarantee whatsoever that the player
>would work, but you never know!

 noticed that ldd was missing some stuff and tryed to fulfill the
missing deps: could not find the libGLES on slackware so I first
attempted to use fedora18 ARM port that forced me to install other
dependencies too.
After all the dependency fulfillment ldd told me it could find all the libs neaded ... but it was still a no go .... maybe some further dependencies that I missed or binary incompatibility .....

I did a little fiddling to try to figure out where the "LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library" message was coming from as I was unable to reproduce it in ani log, trought strace nor in the jsconsole.
After some attempts I notced that the message comes out if you start firefox from a terminal and yoy subsequently open the add-ons tool.

I'll try to build libGLESv2.so from sources minimizing the need for further dependencies and see if I get anywhere.

Regards
David