[ARMedslack] Tegra kernel

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Jun 22 13:56:32 UTC 2012

> I've been fiddling with 3.4.3 but all the builds I'm doing fail complaining about some rtl8167 firmware file not having a way to build it.
> I tryed removing all the unecessary rtl drivers from the build but still I get the same error.
>
> I'll try using 3.4.2 and see if it's something on the ARM port broken on 3.4.3 of maybe just the mere fact that I copied config from 3.4.2 ?

You're missing the firmware, that's why.

This is my 3.4.3 config:
http://www.slackware.com/~mozes/dl/config-tegra

ftp://ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack/armedslack-current/source/k/sources/firmware/rtl_nic.tar.xz
You need to unpack it as it does in kernel.Slackbuild:

tar xvvf $CWD/sources/firmware/rtl_nic.tar.xz -C firmware/

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org