[ARMedslack] Tegra kernel

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Thu Jun 21 09:53:21 UTC 2012

>>> AC100 uses tegra chipset. I wonder how much work would it take to add

>>> the other bits and pieces to the armedslack kegra kernel to make it
>>> usable on the AC100.

>>root at pepa:~/ac/source/k/configs# grep AC100 config-tegra
>>root at pepa:~/ac/source/k/configs#

>>I checked in menuconfig and couldn't see it there either.  If the support
>>for the AC100 is provided by a patch it will need to wait until the
>>support is mainstream, but if it's already in there and is an option I
>>can't see, let me know and I'll see if it can be added in.

>As far as I know there are several patches
 that have not yet made it to mainstream kernel, maybe some did make it as there was talk way back in 2.6.38 that some patches were scheduled to go mainstream in 3.1.
>The odd thing is that 3.1 is marked End Of Life ... I've no idea if anything made ir trough to 3.4.
>In the guide I wrote for putting armedslack on AC100 I used the ubuntu AC100 tuned kernel to save me all the patch work on vanilla kernel ... last time I looked into patching the mainsteam kernel release i wanted with the >required patches for Zaurus I nearly became insane. I'm not sire that I want to to that again.

>I had a look at the tegra2 SOC specs and it's supposed to gave integrated grafix card:
>"The second generation Tegra SoC has a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU (lacking ARMs advanced SIMD extension, marketed as NEON), an ultra low power (ULP) GeForce GPU with 4 pixel shaders + 4 vertex >shaders,[13] a 32-bit single-channel memory controller with either LPDDR2 at 600 MHz or DDR2 at 667 MHz, a 32KB/32KB L1 cache per core and a shared 1MB L2
cache.[14] There is also a version of the SoC >supporting 3D displays; this SoC uses a higher clocked CPU and GPU."

>So maybe the only mandatory things neaded for booting are keyboard and internal flash drive (can do temporarely without sound, webcam, and wifi if tey're not working from mainstream).
>But I'm pretty much sure that since ubuntu is currently using 3.1.10-1.2 patches are for the 3.1 kernel series and they will all need mending to be applied to 3.4 (and possibly stinn not work anyway).

>Anyone else out there using armedslack tegra based devices ?

Looking at teh config I think this would need to be enabled fro the AC100/dynabook AZ

# CONFIG_MACH_PAZ00 is not set

This looks like :http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/MACH_PAZ00.html