[ARMedslack] Armedslack-current QEMU

Robby Workman robby at rlworkman.net
Wed Jun 20 17:36:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:38:37 +0100 (BST)
Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk> wrote:

> > If you installing with kernel from 13.37 everything works. But, if
> > you use the current kernel, QEMU writes:
> > > pflash_write: Unimplemented flash cmd sequence (offset 00000000,
> > > wcycle
> > 0x0 cmd 0x0 value 0xf0f0f0f0)
> > > pflash_write: Unimplemented flash cmd sequence (offset 00000000,
> > > wcycle
> > 0x0 cmd 0x0 value 0xf0)
>
> with which kernel? 3.4.2?  I must say that I didn't test QEMU - I only
> ever test QEMU before a release, as I no longer use it.
>
> I will have a look at it at some point.

I'm not getting that at all here, but 3.4.2 definitely won't boot
(for other reasons).

  mount: mounting /dev/sda2 on /mnt failed: No such device or address
  ERROR: No /sbin/init found...  blah blah ..

  # ls -lh /dev/sd*
  brw-rw----   1 root    disk        8,   0 Jan  1  1970 /dev/sda
  brw-rw----   1 root    disk        8,   1 Jan  1  1970 /dev/sda1
  brw-rw----   1 root    disk        8,   2 Jun  1  2012 /dev/sda2

  # mount -o ro /dev/sda2 /mnt
  mount: mounting /dev/sda2 on /mnt failed: No such device or address

Soo....  no idea really.  I notice that devtmpfs is not enabled in
the kernel, but I don't think that should matter (since the devices
are present by other means); however, it's probably worth enabling
just in case.  Recent udev requires devtmpfs anyway.

-RW