[ARMedslack] nfs and qemu install

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Jun 15 14:53:33 UTC 2012

> My mistake. I should have said X needs xf86-video-fbdev and requires
> an xorg.conf from a running pi.
> Reason,I was looking at source/ x/X11/build/package-blacklist on a x86
> dvd.

Ah good.  You're the third person to say this so I was wondering if there
was a problem with a mirror service or something.

> Nice to see people want armed slack on a Raspberry pi, I don't use
> Debian, Arch is better. I don't get apt-get and I don't want my dep's
> solved by a pacman. The Rpi is an educational computer. The kids will
> be getting one each for Christmas and I want them running slackware.

Hopefully there might be in-tree support for it by then.  I'm not sure how
the lack of using an initrd is going to work in the current setup though.

I'm still thinking that I might leave this one to the community, as it's
nice to see some discussion around the RPi & Slackware ARM (albeit on
linuxquestions.org), and I can only provide support for a small range of
devices anyway.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org