[ARMedslack] nfs and qemu install

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Tue Jun 12 04:40:02 UTC 2012

I've used nfs before for fileshares on our lan so I'm not a stranger
there but I'm not so sure whats going on with a system, on qemu as an
nfs client. I rsynced current last night

Normally have dhcp via modem but changed to static ip configured with
netconfig. Workstation 192.168.1.2 and gateway 192.168.1.1. Nobody else
on lan so 192.168.1 3 and 4 are not assigned to anyone. As far as I know
I can use rc.local-additions settings as is. I have edited /etc/exports
as per qemu-install.txt. The one thing I am not clear on is what ip I
assign the qemu machine do I give it 192.168.1.1 for a gateway and use
192.168.1.2 for the server? Should I give gemu machine a diffeent ip? I
haven't bridged anything but a modem and that was a very long time ago.

Qemu-install.txt just says
                 Choose '3 - Install from NFS (Network Filesystem)'

                  Enter the IP address: 192.168.1.1
                  Enter the
directory: /export/armedslack/armedslack-current/slackware

My path is different, thats all. I've tried for a couple hours using
diffferent ip settings and can not get an nfs mount. Dropped out of
setup and tried cli line and after making an entry to /etc/fstab but nfs
but i just time out.

I'm not quite sure what I should search for on the net and what I have
found has not enlightened me. My qemu-1.0.1 install is from a slackbuild
and I have run the debian raspberry pi build successfully on it. Host
system is salix-13.37.

Perhaps someone can give me a heads up on this