[ARMedslack] Cross Compiling

Alexjan Carraturo axjslack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 09:15:54 UTC 2012

2012/7/11 Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk>:
>> > lots of graphical loviness" which used to be an possible in KDE3 but I
>> > haven't seen it in KDE4.
>> >

>> There are a lot of possible optimization.
>
> Are there any that can be applied to the packages in Slackware ARM? Not
> KDE application specific tweaks, but compilation flags.

Yes, there are. I don't know if are usable on Slackware ARM port ( I
still don't test anything, but In other distribution, e.g. Fedora,
Debian works with good result.

>> Ok. This instruction are very interesting, even if are talking about a
>> thing that is different from what I'm looking for. Anyway I'll try to
>> use it to implement what I really need.
>
> If you want to do proper cross compiling then no, but if you wanted to use
> the armedslack build scripts it'd not be that hard since you could
> install slackkit on an x86 and use a cross compiler, but you'll need to figure that out.

Ok, this is what I'm talking about. Now I'm doing a "feasibility
study", considering various part of Armedslack project, to evaluate if
it's possibile to do a port for a specific SoC.

Thanks for informations
Alexjan.

Alexjan Carraturo
--
Twitter/Facebook/Identica/flickr: axjslack
Personal site: http://axjslack.wordpress.com