[ARMedslack] Cross Compiling

Alexjan Carraturo axjslack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 09:00:16 UTC 2012

2012/7/11 Stuart Winter <m-lists at biscuit.org.uk>:

>> I have tried the Armedslack and seems to be a very interesting
>> product. Works good, but for some thing may be needed some
>> optimization (for example KDE).
>
> What optimisations are you hoping to add?
>
> The only way to optimise KDE that I know of are to turn off the "must have
> lots of graphical loviness" which used to be an possible in KDE3 but I
> haven't seen it in KDE4.

There are a lot of possible optimization.

>> I see that there is a tool to compile "native" the packages, but now
>> I'm wondering if there is the possibility to have (or realize) a Cross
>> Compiler specifically that it's able to work with Slackbuilds of
>> armedslack.
>
> ftp://ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack/armedslack-devtools/x-toolchain/
>
> You need to run the 'x-build' script there
> run distcc on your x86 machine using commands from the 'rc.local-addition'
> script, and then use part of the 'dbuild' script on your ARM machine
>
> So do do a build of an armedslack package all I do is
>
> cd source/a/bash
> dbuild
>
> Obviously you have to have read the instructions first and configured
> everything.

Ok. This instruction are very interesting, even if are talking about a
thing that is different from what I'm looking for. Anyway I'll try to
use it to implement what I really need.

> Have a look through the mail archives for this list as you're not the
> first to ask.

I did a manual search (looking on the archive of the last months), but
I was unable to find.

Thanks
Alexjan.

Alexjan Carraturo
--
Twitter/Facebook/Identica/flickr: axjslack
Personal site: http://axjslack.wordpress.com