[ARMedslack] Error compiling kernel on raspberry pi since latest changelog update

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Wed Jul 11 07:27:52 UTC 2012

> Those reversions are actuallty the latest gcc packages in -current. Kernel
> compilation on the Pi worked with gcc-4.7.0, with 4.7.1 it gives me that
> error.

Hehe.  It all made sense yesterday in my lack of sleep induced alternate
reality.

So I have a newer gcc build on the dev boxes than the packages on the
FTP site and I got confused about what "-current" was where.

Given that I've compiled 3 kernels with that toolchain, I'd go down the
patch route if I were you.  I'll have some newer gcc packages nearer the
end of the week that I can upload for test if you want, but to be honest I
doubt they'll help.