[ARMedslack] Seagate Dockstar device questions

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 03:46:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Rich <richard.lapointe at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I guess Stuart would say: "it's not a case of "porting" - it's just
>>> adding support".
>>
>> Not to answer *that* question I wouldn't.
>>
>> The dockstar is supported in the way that a kernel is supplied that runs
>> on that device.
>>
>> Much to my disgust, someone on this list used one of those pointless
>> devices ;-)
>> See-
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=dockstar&l=armedslack%40lists.armedslack.org
>

> Well you would be really discussed with me.  I've got three Dockstars all
> running ARMedSlack 13.37.  And to make it worst, I've got two Pogoplugs E02
> running current.  On all of these devices I loaded Jeff Doozan uboot, so no
> real problem with hacking the boot loader.
>
> Rich Lapointe

Hello!
Rich is this the article that you followed? http://projects.doozan.com/debian/
 Granted he is talking about that cluster of Penguins in back of our
group and slightly to the left of the router community. But for my
efforts that one makes sense. I'm leaning towards putting a
Slackware-13.37 system on it, but, ah, what space requirements should
I take into consideration?

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com