[ARMedslack] Seagate Dockstar device questions

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:57:49 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM, David Madden <dhm at mersenne.com> wrote:
> On 7/10/2012 13:09, Stuart Winter wrote:
>> so anything that is of low spec doesn't interest me at all -
>> especially when there are better machines out there.
>
> The Dockstar is such a cute form factor, though.  Especially when you
> put one of the 2.5" drives in it.  But you're right, only 128MB is
> painful.  (Although I did have one running MySQL, Postgresql, Lighttpd,
> PHP, Gallery, Wordpress, git and Davical!  But I recently moved all that
> stuff over to a GuruPlug because the image processing for Gallery was
> just painfully slow.)
>
> --
> Mersenne Law LLC  ·  www.mersenne.com  ·  +1-503-679-1671
> - Small Business, Startup and Intellectual Property Law -
> 1500 SW First Ave. · Suite 1170 · Portland, Oregon  97201

Hello!
I agree folks. Really. I've already got a black Pogoplug here doing
all of that with two drives attached. I originally wanted to track
down of them (the Seagate Dockstar) about a year or so earlier, when
there was talk of stuffing one of the others on it, OpenWRT in fact.
That also included the serial port on the device which has its pins
the  front.

Someone else had gotten the thing to talk to a screen via one those
VGA to USB translation devices as well.

But for me that platform is perfect for exploring the world of running
Linux on non-Intel platforms.

Oh and thank you Stuart for creating this port.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com