[ARMedslack] Error compiling kernel on raspberry pi since latest changelog update

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Tue Jul 10 20:54:02 UTC 2012

> > The latest batch has a toolchain upgrade and lots of other changes.
>
> Aha I misread your post!
>
> This is common for Fedora, apparently:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/arm/2012-March/003001.html
>
> Have a dig around and see whether there's a fix for it that Fedora have
> applied to their kernels.    I must say that I've never come across this
> before when building the kernels for Slackware ARM.

The previous gcc packages are here in case they turn out to be useful:
http://armed.slackware.com/armedslack-current/reversions/d/gcc-4.7.1-1/

You should be able to downgrade to those and re-try the kernels.  The gcc
packages in the latest batch (Jul 5th) do have some new patches.
There will be a gcc rebuild again in the next batch with the latest batch
of upstream patches and bug fixes.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org