[ARMedslack] libflashplayer

Davide louigi600 at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 4 13:51:29 UTC 2012

>>> It is a can of worms. It is closed source and lets hope it's finished.
>>> Adobe don't fully support it and have publicly said so.

I think it's much worse then a can of worms. I really don't understand why people use flash for things that do not need flash:
why the hell should one use flash for authentication on a web site (on some sites if you don't have flash you cannot even see the box for typing the authentication) !
I feel pledged into using flash :-D
If it wasn't that sometimes it's handy to watch video documentation (like for opening up a device without braking it) I'd have been happy to use swfdec for basic flash support.
I tryed gnash but I was unable to deal with the dependencies for compiling it.

>Yes, Adobe has officially end-of-lifed Flash Player on Android:
>http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/06/flash-player-and-android-update.html

Android really has only uses a modified linux kernel and has nothing else in common with any other linux distribution so when Adobe supported flash on mobile devices it never meant that Adobe supported flash on ARM linux devices.

Cheers
David