[ARMedslack] libflashplayer

John O'Donnell unixjohn1969 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:15:28 UTC 2012

On 07/01/2012 06:25 AM, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> On 1 July 2012 08:42, Davide<louigi600 at yahoo.it>  wrote:
>> Maybe the version of libflashplayer.so is incompatible with firefox 13 or
>> maybe there is some other issue with the mesa package on current.
>
> Am I missing something? While modern Android OS may share the same
> kernel with a traditional Linux distro, its runtime library is not
> binary compatible with the GNU libraries. As the flash plugin is not
> available in source code I don't see why people can assume one can
> just drop libflashplayer.so for Android and expect it to work and even
> if it did you'd open a can of worms.

The android system does not use glibc.  It uses a system called Bionic.  It is
essentially glibc trimmed down.  So if it works on Bionic it should work on glibc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_%28software%29

Hope this helps.
John

--
=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===