[ARMedslack] Cant get -current 3.1.5 to boot

John O'Donnell unixjohn1969 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 08:29:24 UTC 2012

I upgraded from 3.1.2 to the 3.1.5 packages yesterday. Before attempting to
compile the guruplug UAP drivers I tried to boot and had no luck.  Hung at:

-- ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 00800000 ...
    Image Name:   Linux-3.1.5-kirkwood
    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
    Data Size:    2090424 Bytes = 2 MiB
    Load Address: 00008000
    Entry Point:  00008000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
    Image Name:   Slackware ARM Initial RAM disk f
    Image Type:   ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
    Data Size:    5811263 Bytes = 5.5 MiB
    Load Address: 00000000
    Entry Point:  00000000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

I compiled up the modules and my own uImage with the .config that comes with the
armedslack kernel source and the same thing happens.

I set it back to 3.1.2 and it boots fine.
John

Oh yeah - Happy New Year ;-)

=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===
|  John O'Donnell                |                                  |
|  (Sr. Systems Engineer,        |    http://juanisan.homeip.net    |
|  Net Admin, Programmer, etc.)  |  E-Mail: unixjohn1969 at gmail.com  |