[ARMedslack] GuruPlug Wireless?

John O'Donnell unixjohn1969 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:58:39 UTC 2012

On 02/23/2012 03:09 AM, Stuart Winter wrote:

>> http://juanisan.homeip.net/guruplug/JJO-Marvell-Libertas-8688-AP-FULLPATCH-up-to-3.1.2.patch
>
> I remember you mentioning this before.  What would need to happen to make
> this patch be in the upstream kernel?

I consulted the libertas driver author.  It was too custom somehow.  He made it
sound like it could never make it into the mainstream kernel.  They are
attempting to make the current driver more generic to cover more of the chipsets
and bus access methods, but it will probably be a while before this chipset gets
looked at.

I just patch what they had to work with all the current kernel changes.  Till
then it remains a custom driver.  I could make a package that could match the
kernel_kirkwood-3.x.x-arm-1.tgz but I would have to make one every time you
changed your kernel.  Add a separate package for the binaries, libs, scripts
that dont change.  This way there would be nothing to compile for the end user,
but how important is it?

John

--
=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===