[ARMedslack] GuruPlug Wireless?

David Madden armedslack at mersenne.com
Mon Feb 20 18:49:26 UTC 2012

Hi, I've been working on customizing a GuruPlug to do some specific
tasks on my home network.  I've tried installing Slackware & Debian
(both successful) but I haven't been able to build a functional kernel
or get wireless running.  So, I wonder:

* How much of a hassle is it to get from a vanilla kernel tree to a
bootable uImage?  (I've gotten clean compiles using the config from
/boot/config-whatever, but it hangs on boot after "Uncompressing
Linux... done, booting the kernel.")

* Are the Marvell wireless drivers & tools integrated into the kernel /
distro, or is it still an "add external software" project?

(I'm fiddling with this in the first place, rather than going with a
full Slackware or Debian install, because I'd like to put together a
minimal system that fits in the 512MB NAND Flash, so my USB disk can be
all data.)

Thanks!