[ARMedslack] Irssi issue on ARM Cortex A9

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Feb 9 09:46:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, free-choice at libero.it wrote:

> Using the official irssi package on my Toshiba AC100 I get the error
> message: "error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open
> shared object file:  No such file or directory.".Libperl.so is not
> present on the system (I just have libperl.a in /usr/lib/perl5.../CORE).
> The solution is to download, compile and install irssi from source
> code.Maybe the official package doesn't work everywhere.

The package works everywhere - I tried it on Slackware ARM 13.37 and
-current.

What version of Slackware ARM are you using?
I suspect for some reason your libperl.so has been wiped.

On -current:

root at dodot:~# grep libperl.so /var/log/packages/*
/var/log/packages/perl-5.14.0-arm-2:usr/lib/perl5/CORE/libperl.so
root at dodot:~# ls -la /usr/lib/perl5/CORE/libperl.so
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1396404 Dec 16 23:11

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org