[ARMedslack] Irssi issue on ARM Cortex A9

free-choice at libero.it free-choice at libero.it
Thu Feb 9 09:37:13 UTC 2012

Using the official irssi package on my Toshiba AC100 I get the error message: "error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file:  No such file or directory.".Libperl.so is not present on the system (I just have libperl.a in /usr/lib/perl5.../CORE).
The solution is to download, compile and install irssi from source code.Maybe the official package doesn't work everywhere.

Some Toshiba AC100 hardware specifications:- nVidia Tegra 250 processor (nVidia Tegra 2 serie) that has a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 CPU, 1.0 GHz frequency for core- 512 MB ram