[ARMedslack] Initrd fails to mount rootfs

Thorsten Mühlfelder thenktor at salixos.org
Fri Dec 7 11:52:36 UTC 2012

> The fact that it worked with 13.37 doesn't really mean a lot, to be
> honest.  13.37 had a different version of busybox, a different version of
> udev, a different kernel; most likely containted a different set of
> modules.

Yes, of course. Just wanted to make sure that everything else is ok and I already had it running with 13.37 some time ago. So I gave it a test run.

> When I had a similar problem myself, I unpacked the kirkwood's initrd and
> put in the classic "print" statements into the init script to find out
> where it was broken.

I've built my own kernel now (same version like 14.0 and based on your config). I've just added the needed drivers to the kernel (USB, SCSI disk, some filesystems) so I can boot without initrd and everything is ok now.

--
Thorsten Mühlfelder
Salix OS: www.salixos.org