[ARMedslack] A perplexing Raspberry Pi problem and my workaround. Comments?

Sorin Mitrica sorin at spit-ct.ro
Mon Aug 27 19:50:06 UTC 2012

Install the latest firmware and kernel from
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware

The boot partition must contain:

root at kernel:/boot# ls
LICENCE.broadcom*  arm128_start.elf*  arm224_start.elf* bootcode.bin*
config.txt*  kernel.img.old* kernel_emergency.img*  start.elf*
README*            arm192_start.elf*  arm240_start.elf* cmdline.txt*
kernel.img*  kernel_cutdown.img*  loader.bin*

Important is bootcode.bin , kernel.img , start.elf , cmdline.txt ,
loader.bin

Also copy the modules in /lib/modules

Or maybe you have a damaged Pi.