[ARMedslack] ARMed slack on the Efika MX smartbook update

lee jones slothpuck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:32:20 UTC 2011

Hello again!

After doing a *lot* of research and I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not
but I've now managed to get X to work just a little faster on the efika mx
smartbook. After posting on another forum, the key was to stop using the
older version of pixman armedslack uses and use the latest version, 0.23.6
(I think armedslack 13.1's is 0.16.x). This works fairly well -- mozilla is
usable (though it does "pause" while it is doing something) I could even
play a video and use it! Only snag is that this comes at a lot higher CPU
usage.

http://andy29uk.no-ip.org/www/ is where I've put the files. Though I've not
updated the files there with the newer pixman yet.

One thing which would really be useful is trying to get KDE 3.5 to run on
armedslack but there dosen't seem to be any packages yet x.x !

ljones